Q: Although our daughter’s boyfriend doesn’t have a church background, he seems very interested in Jesus. But he still has a lot of questions about God, and we don’t know where to find the answers. Can you suggest a book or something that might help him? Thank you. — K.D.
A: Yes I can. I would suggest that he read one of the following books to learn the truth about gods, religion, and Christianity before he adopts a belief in a supernatural deity which is not supported by rational evidence.
- The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
- The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason by Sam Harris
- Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris
- Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America’s Leading Atheists by Dan Barker
- God vs. the Bible by John Armstrong
The last one is available for free in html format and some of the others may be available at your local library.
Feel free to leave your answer to this question in the comments.